Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Day Nineteen - Inchtree to Glen Nevis

Today was intended to be a rest day - but as we had caved in early yesterday we had a gentle ride into Fort William from Inchtree.

On arriving in Fort William we decided to head on up to the hostel at Glen Nevis, at the foot of the Ben and book in. We arrived in what had become the Scottish theme - ie cold, bedraggled and wet and booked in, locked the bikes away and trekked the three miles into Fort William in search of pies. By the time we got there we were absolutely sodden (again!). We hopped into the Grog and Gruel for a couple of pints before catching the bus back to the hostel.

Mick fears he has trenchfoot, his toenails have fallen off. The rain is phenomenal, I have never seen anything like it. It rains and it rains and it rains. I am pleased we did not attempt to go very far today.


Where's that quid I dropped?


Is it under here?

Stats:

Miles: 12
Beers: 4
Soakings: a billion


Route here

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie

    We didn't manage to meet up to talk touring before your trip, but you'll certainly have lots to talk about now. You're doing great, I'm really enjoying the blog. Hope you get some sunshine in the highlands!
    (I've just come back from a few days walking in the NW highlands - we had a bit of everything: sun, rain, wind and snow. It was great, especially the sun)

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, and we found some good pies too. Whilst hiding from the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Northern Scotland mustn’t have internet yet as the daily reports seem to have stopped, which is a shame as I was enjoying the read – triumph over adversity - not at all sure how I would have coped with all that rain
    Might just have been the pies though
    Hope you finished it ok

    Graham

    ReplyDelete