Having decided we would definitely do nothing today (and after consuming rather too many beers in Helgi’s last night) I didn’t wake up until gone ten, when the shrieks from the playing field finally penetrated my alcohol-induced stupor. Mick was still giving it zeds, snoring away contentedly, so I crept out of the tent and, after some luxurious ablutions in the washblock, I wandered up to the cafe at the leisure centre next door.
Relaxing in an armchair with my third pot of tea and a newspaper, I reflected that Mick had been right to insist he was not doing anything today. My problem is I’m always worried I’ll miss something, that when we get home someone will say: ‘Oh didn’t you see such-and-such, it’s the best thing in Scotland!’
Stats:
Miles cycled: 0
Beers: 2
Cups of Coffee: 5
Cups of Tea: 10
Paper’s read: 4
:-)

No comments:
Post a Comment